Head of Engineering (m/f/x) IT / Product Management
We are searching for a Head of Engineering (m/w/x) of our product, who will provide technical direction, coaching and leadership to your agile engineering team.
We are a software company that develops an online electronic lab notebook (ELN) for scientists. By transforming the traditional paper lab notebook into a productivity & collaboration platform, we make it easier for scientists to create, find, share, discuss and validate research data. Our diverse team of scientists, technologists and entrepreneurs is building the operating system of the lab, connecting researchers, data, devices and processes. As the Head of Engineering (m/w/x) of our product, you will provide technical direction, coaching and leadership to your agile engineering team. You will own the delivery of our product roadmap, and work closely with our product team.
- You recruit, retain and develop a team of outstanding engineers.
- You help your team continuously improve the quality of their work by coaching them to make the right decisions fast.
- You know what it takes to build a mature team, that can work as independently as possible.
- You can turn business objectives into team OKRs and lead your team with purpose.
- Together with the CTO, you provide the right guidance to your team and help them solve their technical questions, such as choice of tech stack, system architecture, security implications, code quality and performance.
- You have a clear mid- and long-term technical vision for the product and foster close collaboration with your colleagues to be in line with our overall strategy.
- You enjoy coding and don’t mind rolling up your sleeves and help your team get things done.
- You're ultimately responsible for what is being delivered by your team.
- You make sure that the delivery is reliable with high quality and care for the continuous improvement of the team.
- You will conduct regular planning and tasking sessions with the team and identify risks and address them before they become an issue.
- 5+ years of experience including designing and operating large-scale applications. Direct experience in Cloud / SaaS solutions is a plus.
- You understand SQL database schemas and think in terms of maintainability, scalability, and performance. Previous experience with Elasticsearch and/or Docker is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in a team leadership role using agile development methodologies. You’ve established a track record of developing and mentoring software engineers managing projects with stakeholders throughout the company.
- You effectively manage conflicts and priorities towards solutions.
- You are passionate about well-structured, readable and testable code and strive for continuous improvement.
- You are comfortable working in an international and distributed team (working language is English).
Mehr Infos und bewerben unter: https://www.campusjaeger.de/s/28163-head-of-engineering-m-f-x-it-product-management
weitere Stellenangebote des Arbeitgebers